Join Our Team
Steen Engineering is looking for recent graduates and experienced professionals to join our team. We offer culture and career growth through diverse project types, creative environment, design team collaboration and unique, monthly office events.
The following positions are available:
- Completed at least two years of a HVAC, plumbing or electrical design course or an engineering graduate with less than three years of experience.
- Perform general engineering tasks under the direct supervision of a senior designer or an engineer including layout and equipment selections.
- Work with the senior designer or engineer to develop load calculation and scheduling of equipment.
- Work on improving and strengthening of communication and documentation skills.
- Work towards proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, and equipment selection software.
- Pick up redlines developed by senior designer or engineer.
- Learn how to coordinate design with architectural, civil, structural, HVAC, plumbing and electrical disciplines.
- Learn how to review design against applicable design checklists.
- Learn and be familiar with applicable codes.
- Participate in occasional construction site visits with senior designer or engineer.
- Properly save all correspondence and project information in project file.
- Meet regularly with senior designer or engineer to review/approve design work.
- Perform static pressure calculations for fan sizing and static head pressure calculations for pump sizing.
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations.
- Layout and size duct and piping systems.
- Design plumbing for commercial kitchens.
- Perform load calculations.
- Layout typical units, lighting, power and systems.
- Circuit and fill out panel board schedules.